As the ART OF THE DEAD demonstrates, Grateful Dead inspired the most iconic and enduring artwork in rock history. It also clearly establishes Stanley Mouse as a key architect of this phenomenal legacy. Starting with the band’s seminal concert posters, albums covers and merchandise designs, Mouse’s ongoing contributions laid the very foundations for the Long Strange Trip’s visual style guide—images that would be adopted forever by Dead Heads everywhere. More than anyone else, Stanley put the face on music’s and one of America’s most vital communities.
Sometime after Jerry’s passing and the group’s retirement, Mouse began addressing Grateful Dead on a new level, in a fine art series of oil paintings. This dynamic collection became the new outlet for the unique personal aesthetic that he had developed over the course of almost fifty years. Just as he had chronicled the band’s performance career, Stanley has successfully enshrined the perpetual spirit of the legendary group as only he can. These paintings embody the world of the Grateful Dead and Dead Head experience as never before.
Mouse Studios, in cooperation with Soft Skull Press, proudly presents the very limited ART OF THE DEAD fine art print series:
- Five 11″ x 17,” previously unpublished, archival giclee prints produced in San Francisco under Stanley’s supervision directly from his original oil paintings and incorporated into no more than 225 unique sets.
- Three distinct compilation options:
- Collectors Box Sets—Ten matched numbered sets (numbers 1–10) of all five giclee prints boxed with a matching numbered signed copy of ART OF THE DEAD, personally signed by Stanley. Purchasers select their set number on a first come, first serve basis. $1,500 per set. LIMITED ONE PER CUSTOMER
- Deluxe Box Sets—215 matched numbered sets of three giclees: Easy Rider, Pyramid Jester and Story (numbers 11–225) boxed with a first edition copy of ART OF THE DEAD. Purchasers select their set number on a first come, first serve basis. $500 per set. LIMITED THREE PER CUSTOMER
- Expanded Deluxe Box Sets—Any matched and numbered Deluxe Set many be expanded to include matching copies of the remaining two giclees: Searching For Garcia and Cigarettes And Whiskey. $800 per set. LIMITED THREE PER CUSTOMER
- Highest resolution giclee prints, individually created on Moab Natural Entrada, Fine Art, certified archival, 308 gsm, 100% cotton, environmentally sound paper.
- Each set personally pulled, compiled, hand-signed and numbered with Stanley at Mouse Studios.
- Each order shipped in custom Art Of The Dead wooden storage box branded with Stanley’s Easy Rider image along with a first edition copy of ART OF THE DEAD.
Additional information at the AOTD Store, available now.